Share your announcements!
Add the Announcements app to your page to highlight any stories you want to share on your web page. These can be used for short and timely reminders, due dates for fundraisers or medical forms, information on registration, and other information as needed.
Add the Announcements app
Drag the Announcements app onto your page.
* Items marked with a red asterisk are required
Select the purple arrow to expand the panel, giving you more room to work!
- Type the Title and the Announcement text.
- Select the values for Display Duration.
- Upload a Meta Image to use as a preview image for your announcement.
- Select your desired Viewers if you wish to change the default setting for all visitors.
- Select Save.
Set display duration
For many apps, you can set start and end dates and times for app records. Here's how to display dates and times for app records.
- If no start and end date times are specified, once the app record is saved it displays on the website immediately and never expires.
- If you set start and end dates and times, the app record displays on your site within the specified date and time ranges.
- If you set only a start date and time, the app record displays on your site from the date and time specified forward.
- If you set only an end date and time, the app record displays on your site immediately until the specified end date and time.
- To remove the Display Duration for an app, remove the start and end date.
- If a start date is set without specifying a start time, the time defaults to 12:00 AM.
- If an end date is set without specifying a time, the time defaults to 11:59 PM.
Share your app
Want to share your content with another group or user? From the Sharing tab, you can choose groups to share your content.
App social settings
If you have Social Media Framework, you may be able to add one or all of these social media elements to your apps in the App Options. Whether you can add a particular element depends on which settings and elements your Site Administrator has enabled. Site Administrators may enable RSS feeds regardless of whether or not you have Social Media Framework.
- Visitor Commenting allows visitors to comment on your app.
- Visitor Rating allows visitors to rate your app.
- RSS Feeds allows visitors to subscribe to Really Simple Syndication (RSS) feeds for your app.
- Community Editing allows visitors to your website to contribute to your app.