End of school is just around the corner ...
Check off the following items for your district before summer.
Stop automatic notifications
Be sure to stop all notifications from being sent from Blackboard during the summer. This way you'll ensure calls or messages aren't being sent out for attendance, cafeteria balances, and other issues not relevant during summer months.
- From the Communications HQ website menu, select Settings.
- Select the district Organization Name from the list.
- Select the Automated Notification link.
- Clear the Enabled option to disable the messages you want to turn off.
To clear a specific school, select the link in the number of schools area and clear the Enabled option for individual schools.
- Clear the Enable user configured app alerts option to disable the alerts (push notifications) for the user apps.
To enable all notifications on a certain date, such as the first day of school, choose the date in the Enable all Notifications on box and select Save Date. You can also manually turn notifications back on at the beginning of the school year.
- Select Save when finished.
Hide student information from your mobile app
- After logging into the Communications HQ website, select Settings > App Config.
- Select the Global App Settings button.
- Select the Contents tab.
For more information, see Configure Content Settings.
Hosting summer school?
If your district hosts summer school, contact our support team in order to find the best method of integrating summer school data. Each summer school data is unique, and support can assist you by creating the new summer school organizations for your data.
The required data usually includes:
- School Name
- Organization ID
- Organization type (indicates it is summer school)
- Time Zone
Can I stop uploads for the summer?
You can choose to stop the uploads at the end of the school year, but it is not necessary. You can continue to send files from your Student Information System (SIS) and the information will be uploaded to Blackboard, but it will not contain any new information until you roll the next school year data over in the SIS.
If you choose to stop the uploads, just stop the data transfers on your end from your SIS. Blackboard will not receive any new information and will maintain the current data.
* If you stop uploads, and your district has notifications set to warn you about missing uploads, contact our support team so that the notification triggers can be turned off.
If you stop sending your Student Information System (SIS) files to Blackboard at the end of the school year, you must restart the SIS uploads on your end for the new year.
See the Start of School information for full details.